COTA NT is a not-for-profit community and member organisation acting as the peak body for seniors in the Northern Territory. Founded in 1969, it has been dedicated to promoting seniors’ well-being in the Territory for over 50 years and we lead government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing.
Our advocacy aims to effect positive social change, promote opportunities for, and protect the rights of, older Territorians and ensure seniors’ voices continue to be heard on issues important to them.
- Contributes to an understanding of ageing enabling seniors and all sectors of the community to plan for healthy ageing through education advice and activities
- Promotes and engages in research which is of interest and concern to Territory seniors
- Provides senior Territorians with information that enables them to make informed choices and act on their own behalf
- Works in partnership with our members and stakeholders to shape COTA’s policy and advocacy work to influence decision-makers to create positive social change
- Provides advice to governments, media, community organisations and businesses on how to be age friendly.
COTA NT delivers a wide range of programs, support and services including: Aged Care Navigator (access to aged care) service, NT Seniors Card (help with the cost of living), Membership (for individuals, clubs and associates), MASP and PICAC (to advocate for seniors from multicultural backgrounds), volunteering opportunities and events and activities for members and the general public during Seniors Month and throughout the year.
More about COTA NT
Find out more about COTA NT: Our Advocacy | Our Board | Our Branches | Our Club and Associate Members | Our Members | Our Vision
Apply for COTA NT Membership | Subscribe to our e-news | View our Territory Seniors Calendar